Department: NEXTSTEP Product Development
Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: 11/28/2018
Number of positions: 2
The Engineer, QA is responsible for planning, designing and execution of complete system testing of the NEXTSTEP Product. The Quality Analyst works collaboratively within NEXTSTEP Product Development Group to execute and validate test cases based upon the stories. The Engineer, QA will report to the Project Manager and work with the peers of NEXTSTEP Product Engineering Group.
- Understanding stories from backlog and develop test scripts
- Interact with product owner, product managers for any requirement clarifications.
- Liaise with Engineering Lead QA and follow the Test plan
- Develop and maintain QA procedure documentation.
- Prepare functional and integration test cases as per the story requirements
- Execute functional and integrations test cases, record actual results and identify defects.
- Assist in test defect management process, monitor and report on defect resolution.
- Identify and suggest changes to predetermined quality guidelines and policies.
- Support Product Engineering Group and Sustain Engineering Group to identify and resolve defects.
- Identify needed data sources working with Product owners and external team inside concord
Qualification and Abilities
- 4 or more years of work experience in QA
- Experience in functional and integration test case creations
- Experience in testing enterprise applications deployed to Azure cloud environment
- Experience in testing tools like Visual studio 2015 and above, Postman etc are mandate
- Experience in testing products developed using Angular Js, .Net, Java, Python and SQL technologies
- Experience in testing services, webservices, wcf services and Web API
- Experience in SQL and basic scripting
- Experience in Software QA methodologies, tools and process
- Experience in Agile testing using Scrum framework is must.
- Experience any of the Agile management tools like JIRA, TFS etc.
- Experience in source control and management tools like GIT, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience in content tool confluence is plus
- Automation testing and automation tools knowledge is plus
Education and Experience Preferred
- Degree level qualifications in a technical (or related) subject would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Significant experience in QA test cases creation, testing, methodologies and process
- Significant experience in Agile Testing Process
- Proven successes in testing product development using Microsoft .Net and SQL server technologies.
- Industry certifications in the relevant interest is plus