Engineering Lead, Cloud Development
Department: NEXTSTEP Product Development
Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: 11/28/2018
The Engineering Lead, Cloud Development will do design, development, unit testing and deployment of the NEXTSTEP product features. The focus of this role will be to provide dedicated support to the development and test teams to make sure that the Azure deployments are taken care for all environments. He will be coordinating with members of cloud operations US-based team to promote effective communication, knowledge sharing and handoff of responsibilities across time zones as product releases are developed and transitioned from non-production to production status. We’re looking for a Cloud Engineer who has more experience in product design and development using .NET technologies using C# language for Azure architecture and deployment to the Cloud (Azure). The Engineering Lead, Cloud Operation will report to the VP, NEXTSTEP Development and work with the peers of NEXTSTEP Product Engineering Group and Cloud Operation Team.
- IC role to design and development of the NEXTSTEP product.
- Design and validating the product to suite Azure deployment architecture
- Maintain coding standards across the development
- Liaise with cross-functional teams including Technical Teams, Business, Operations, Product Owner and Product Managers
- Develop new systems and tools that improve the development team experience or capabilities by removing impediments related to Azure infrastructure or systems
- Assist with the creation of requirements, designs, and processes needed to implement the platform, and related tools.
- Understand and contribute to processes and tools used by Cloud Operations team
Qualification and Abilities
- 8+ years of hands on coding work experience in .Net Development using C#
- Strong knowledge of Azure, including PaaS and IaaS architectures.
- Hands on implementation, maintaining, and troubleshooting of Azure environment
- Exposure to containerization tools such as Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Direct experience with Infrastructure, scripting etc
- Strong background and understanding of application architectures, networking, security, reliability, resiliency and scalability concepts.
- Experience in Configuration Management.
- Work experience Azure design and development
- Experience in .NET, Web API, Azure function Apps
- Experience in databases like MS SQL, Azure Cosmos DB and Mongo DB
- Experience in development and testing tools like Visual studio 2015 and above, Postman etc are mandate
- Experience in Agile development using Scrum framework is must.
- Experience any of the Agile management tools like JIRA, TFS etc.
- Experience in source control and management tools like GIT, Bitbucket etc. are mandate
- Experience in content tool confluence is plus
- Experience in CI/CD would be plus
Education and Experience Preferred
- Degree level qualifications in a technical (or related) subject would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Significant experience in .NET, Web API, Azure components development
- Proven successes in product development using Microsoft .Net and SQL server
- Proven successes in lifting .NET products to Azure cloud environment
- Industry certifications in the relevant interest is plus