Even before the pandemic, businesses were looking at moving operational information and processes, including fax, to the cloud. Then, when faced with a fully remote workforce, even more made the move.
In many cases, businesses had held off on eliminating on-premises fax out of fears over downtime and workflow interruption. What they weren’t looking at were the actual, hard costs of on-premises fax:
- IT staff time spent on system administration, maintenance, and support
- Lost opportunities from transmission failures and missed faxes
- Fines and other costs from security breaches and the resulting compliance audits
- Lost productivity and business continuity
Cloud fax, on the other hand, offers:
- Enhanced security
- Ease of deployment
- Improved application reliability
- Greater scalability and usage elasticity
If your company has embraced cloud computing, but held back on cloud fax, it’s time to reconsider. Download our new white paper, On-Premise vs. Cloud Faxing: Calculating Your Total Cost of Ownership, and learn exactly what you’re paying for on-premises fax, and how you can eliminate those costs and improve business operations.
Learn More: Read about the soft costs associated with on-premises fax in. On-Premise vs. Cloud Faxing: The Hidden Costs of Your Fax Server